Monday, May 3, 2010

Starting Fresh...




























Starting Fresh....







Our son Izak, who is now 5, has walked hand in hand, footstep by footstep, alongside God on an incredible journey. On May 1st 2006 , when he was 14 months old, Izak became very sick very fast. In the matter of ONE day, we had a healthy happy baby boy to being told he may not make it through the night. Izak was quickly diagnosed with viral encephalitis, he had significant swelling on his brain which has resulted in the diagnosis of Cerebral Palsy (CP) and seizure disorder (tonic seizures). 3 days after Izak was rushed to the emergency room the Infectious Disease Doctor was examining Izak, and he felt something odd, maybe something swollen, in Izak's abdomen. They ordered a cat scan for the next day, the day we were delivered a second blow to our hearts. After Izak's cat scan, a new group of new doctors, social worker, and nurses pulled us in a room to tell us that our baby had cancer, Neuroblastoma. Izak endured 8 rounds of chemotherapy & had his tumor resected. My family has been delivered blow after blow after blow, yet we persevere, we cherish life, we value the small things, we know... life is too short. Since we have put cancer behind us, we go once a year for scans, we are now refocusing on Izak's rehabilitation. We have had several different therapies and currently are receiving ABM therapy which is very unique and.... it's working!! I used to have a CaringBridge journal (well,, I still do) but I wanted to step away from there and start a blog. For one reason, I have A LOT and I mean A LOT to talk about and this can be a good way to get all my random thoughts out (my brain goes 100 different ways at a pace of a mile a minute lol), and secondly, I want to start chronicling Izak's amazing recovery, journey, his life, what he has been through, lessons we have learned, mountains we have climbed, I want the world to see how Izak's footprints have impacted our life. God worked a Miracle in our child, Izak was very sick, very very sick, God could have called Izak home. However, He knew that our son would serve a BIG BIG purpose here on earth. We want to share that purpose with you. God works in our lives in a BIG way and we are Blessed beyond what we can comprehend to see God working in our son every day. Izak is an amazing little boy, who has been through a whole lot in 5 short years, it's almost incomprehensible all the things he has been through, but yet he shines. So blogging, stepping away from Caring Bridge, here I can put videos, pictures, links, a lot of things I can't do on CB. For a while, things are going to be really random as I get this together, figure it all out, get it in order, all videos and pictures on here, but it will eventually turn into an everyday journal about our day!! This could be very therapeutic for me, and my husband (whom I love dearly) Jason may get a little annoyed with me for starting this big project when,, well,, have a lot on plate to start with LOL!! Anyone who loves and wants to follow our daily adventures can see pictures and videos and keep up with Izak's progress, and watch how God works in our lives. Sometimes he work in very peculiar ways!! We have learned a whole lot over the past 4 years, a lot of life lessons, but we have an amazing life and we serve an AMAZING God!! Welcome to Izak's new site!!!! I have a big job ahead of me, but for now I am going to try and put some pictures and video of Izak getting ABM therapy, update his story, transfer over things from CB, so wish me luck!! We are embarking on a new adventure lol. I will post again soon, I am off to try and figure things out, this is going to be cool. We love all of you, we cherish your prayers for our family, we feel them, they surround us. Please keep Izak in your prayers, for him to stay healthy and strong. Pray for all of Izak's buddies, God knows each one and their need. God Bless,,
















1 comment:

  1. I love your blog. Praying for Izak's continued recovery and great leaps in 2010!
    Love, Linda

    ReplyDelete